PAYSL Academy Soccer Q&A
1. Q - What is included in the fees?
A - The Academy fee includes all games, team picture, and a paid trainer for ten sessions.
2. Q - Is the uniform included?
A - No, the Academy Plus uniforms kits are purchased separately.
3. Q - How are the teams formed?
A - Player evaluations are done on the July for the Fall season and in January for the Spring season. Players are placed on teams based on their skill levels. All players that are interested will be placed on a team regardless of their skill level.
4. Q - Can a coach decide which players are or are not placed on his/her team?
A - No. Players can request a coach however, since teams are made up of different playing levels it is in the best interest of the parents and PAYSL to place them on a team that will work best with the players development of soccer.
5. Q - Who is responsible for team formation?
A - PAYSL’s Academy Coordinator and the Academy Director are responsible team formation.
6. Q - When does each season begin and end?
A - PAYSL runs two seasons per year, Fall and Spring:
- Fall season begins on the Saturday after Labor Day weekend and ends the first weekend of November.
- Spring season begins at the first weekend in March and end the second weekend in May.
7. Q - What is the next step after I register my son/daughter?
A - You will hear from your son/daughter’s volunteer coach shortly after evaluations are held. E-mail is primarily used for communications. The coach will have information on practice and game schedules. The coach will also hold a parent meeting to communicate team activities, roles and responsibilities, and answer questions from parents.
8. Q - When does practice begin?
A - After the team rosters have been finalized. Normally in early August for the Fall season and mid February for the Spring season.